Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Thing 2: Library 2.0

Read the blog and the webpage and watched both videos. These are the things that stuck in my mind...
  • Libraries need to be RELEVANT.
  • Library spaces need to be INTERACTIVE.
  • Libraries need to provide a place for its patrons to be COLLABORATIVE.
  • The driving force in Library 2.0 is TECHNOLOGY.
  • Librarians need to rethink how they spend their budgets...purchases should be USABLE.
  • As a librarian, I need to IMMERSE myself into today's techonological world.

My personal conclusion: As a librarian, I am interactive, collaborative, and creative. I do immerse myself into technology and I work hard to provide usable materials and technologies to my patrons; however, technology is an ever-changing thing and I need to "keep up with the Joneses" by jumping into what's coming...Web 3.0...hence, another reason why I joined the 23 Things Movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment