Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thing 21: Podcasts

Okay, so I've been to workshops on Podcasting and have had librarian friends do them all the time, but I have yet to do ONE! I think they are a great, quick way to get a message across AND I have all the necessary equipment to do them....so what am I waiting for?

I listened to several podcasts ranging from booktalks (love the idea of adding them to my school library page!) to commercials about libraries....all of which sounded interesting. A few of them had poor sound quality, but with a little more practice using the mic, they might have sounded a lot better. Personally, I hate to listen to my own voice on a recording, but it's probably more authentic if I do it myself...I have thought of a library club that might have booktalk podcasts or infomercials as part of their club activities. Podcasting is also on our tech goals for grades 3-5 this year and I can't wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment